tisdag 4 augusti 2009

Filth and food

Linda is back!

Hooraaay!!

Once she left for her first day in the office after four weeks of holiday, I am left alone in the house. Me, the computer, my coffee. Solo. Totalmente.

Actually this is not quite true as Elsa the maid is here, busy cooking in the kitchen.

Elsa should be called the cook instead of the maid. Because more than anything this is what she does. In fact I am prepared to take it as far as claiming that Elsa HATES to clean but LOVES to cook.

Sunday she came around (after several peaks from me that perhaps she should polish the windows, clean the bathroom etc before Madam Linda gets back). I know that being the "guest" in the house, I am not really in a position to tell her what to do, but I also know that she will hear it from Linda later anyway, so really - I'm doing her a favour.

Said and done.

Come Sunday and Elsa arrives. I greet her with a big smile. No returning that smile I tell you. I might as well had squeezed bitter lemon in to my mouth.

Elsa is looking very, very gloom. Four weeks (while Linda has been away) of happy cooking and experimenting with various culinary delights is now over.

Linda flew in this morning, showered, got dressed - Elsa swept the floors.
Linda leaves for the office -Elsa is back to cooking.

God knows our fridge is full of couscous, paner curry, aubergine paste, chicken, pita, donuts... How much can a fridge take??

We may be a little filthy in this house. But we are certainly not starving.

1 kommentar:

  1. well after two comments already how fat i have become, elsa needs to stop cooking and i have to start cleaning the apartment...

    SvaraRadera